As part of my husband's birthday gift (he turned 31 on Friday), I wanted to give him a full day of us hanging out and having fun. When we were traveling, we used to pick up snacks and spend an entire day just walking around, exploring new neighborhoods, drinking coffee... I wanted to do something similar in our own city so I chose the neighborhood of Inglewood, a cute and older part of town we haven't spent much time in.
It was great. Here's a recap:
• Saturday morning we picked up pastries from the French bakery near our house.
• ate them in lovely Central Memorial Park
• followed a path neither of us had ever taken along the elbow river into Inglewood
• spent some time browsing in a second hand bookstore
• went into all of the antique shops and cool furniture shops along 9th Avenue S.E.
• spent some time at Tea Trader learning about tea and smelling the different varieties. We bought two different types.
• had lunch at Spolumbo's - Italian spicy sausage on a bun with fresh tomato sauce and pickles on the side
• drank mojitos on a cute patio
• got a ride in a tiny convertible
• browsed around my favorite vintage shop in Calgary, Pretty Little Things, trying on hats and coveting a lovely refinished vanity.
• went to the recently opened Wurst and sampled some different beers.