It's been a few years since I wrote a post about all the good stuff that happened during the year. 2017 was interesting to say the least, a year with lots of ups and downs, and because of that I thought it was important to really think about the good things that happened...
• I made a lot of new work last winter and got back into sketching regularly. Even participated in two separate art shows, something I hadn't done in years.
• I made a commitment to post in this space more often and although I dropped off a bit the last couple months, I'm happy that I was otherwise able to maintain it.
• I learned how to make sour dough bread from my own starter. Learning how to do that, and getting really good at it, has been incredibly satisfying.
• Watching my son learn and grow has been amazing this year. He's 3 and a half now and he's able to communicate so well. Being able to witness his development has been really special.
• This year's vegetable garden had the best yield to date. It was my 5th summer where I had a vegetable garden so maybe I'm getting the hang of it... or maybe it was a fluke 🙂
• Planted trees and shrubs in our yard and started working towards improvements we dreamed about when we first purchased the house.
• I started reading books again. I used to read for pleasure every day when I was younger, and then I got out of the habit. I kept buying books, and planning to read them, but never actually getting around to doing it. I read several of those books this year.
• Finally started doing some book making and I love it. It's something I've been interested in for a very long time; in fact, my husband had given me all the supplies I needed for it as a birthday gift around 8 or 9 years ago.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!