• the big one: decided to move forward with our plan to live in Europe in spite of the fact that it didn't seem like the best time (recession, no good job prospects, not a great time to sell a house...) It still ended up being the best time for us to do it in terms of where we are in our lives.
• sold our house, our car and most of our furniture
• quit my job after five and a half years with the same company
• was a bridesmaid at my brother's wedding
• visited parts of Canada I had never been to: New Brunswick, Quebec City, Ottawa. Also went to England, Scotland and Poland
• met my in-laws
• started participating in couchsurfing.com and had so many positive experiences - I can't say enough good things about this way to travel and meet people.
• made some new friends
• celebrated 2 years of marriage with my hubby
• learned how to make zurek
• although a slow year in terms of paid illustration work, a pretty big year in terms of personal growth as an illustrator
Happy New Year!
Leave a Comment